Custom Logo when I turn on screen and possible root due to Dr.Fone App.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So I downloaded the Dr.Fone app to help recover some pictures I accidentally deleted. Afterwards, I realized it didn't recover anything and now it made my phone go sluggish and unresponsive. I deleted the app and phone is still sluggish. Also whenever I restart my cell phone, there is a custom with an unlock key on the screen. I looked online says the phone is possibly rooted. Any way to fix this and reverse everything?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Any change to the operating system will cause that open lock, but to recover deleted files the phone has to be rooted so Dr. Fone probably gets temporary root - and that would do it.

I'd do 2 things. First, back up everything (see Backing up an Android Device). Then reinstall Android (how you do that depends on the phone) and restore the backups.

Oh, a third thing - never use Dr. Fone again. If you have backups, a deleted file is just a matter of copying the file from the backup to the phone. (If you don't have a PC ro store the backups on, use Google to back up everything the phone backs up automatically, and use MEGA for additional storage if you need it.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance