So I downloaded the Dr.Fone app to help recover some pictures I accidentally deleted. Afterwards, I realized it didn't recover anything and now it made my phone go sluggish and unresponsive. I deleted the app and phone is still sluggish. Also whenever I restart my cell phone, there is a custom with an unlock key on the screen. I looked online says the phone is possibly rooted. Any way to fix this and reverse everything?
    02-08-2018 05:04 PM
    Any change to the operating system will cause that open lock, but to recover deleted files the phone has to be rooted so Dr. Fone probably gets temporary root - and that would do it.

I'd do 2 things. First, back up everything (see Backing up an Android Device). Then reinstall Android (how you do that depends on the phone) and restore the backups.

Oh, a third thing - never use Dr. Fone again. If you have backups, a deleted file is just a matter of copying the file from the backup to the phone. (If you don't have a PC ro store the backups on, use Google to back up everything the phone backs up automatically, and use MEGA for additional storage if you need it.)
    02-08-2018 05:14 PM