I may be grasping at straws here but I installed IMO yesterday and saw an active profile in which the user had swore to me it had been deleted. It was only there for a few minutes then gone, I'm not stupid I know that they have most likely seen my name pop up and they have actually deleted it. I just want to be 100% sure.

Thanks.
    02-09-2018 02:10 PM
    There can be a lag in the contact updates for a deleted account if you already had that contact in your phone.

However, if your account is new so that you do not have that contact in your list, if you see that contact when you search for it at the IMO server, then that account was not deleted yet.
    02-10-2018 02:21 AM
    @ManiacJoe, to be more specific I've always had the contact in my phone but I had never used IMO previously. About a month ago I found out my girlfriend had been using IMO to talk with another guy.. Eventually I forgave her (kinda) but yesterday I randomly installed IMO and there she was. I was able to click on the profile, it told me she was last online 09:06am, it was now 09:25am so almost 20 minutes ago.. I uninstalled the app as I was a little annoyed but installed it again maybe 5/10 minutes later and she was gone. I hadn't deleted my account so it will have been visible for her to see.
    The thing I don't understand is that yesterday I used another phone to search for her and found nothing, yet the account I created and deleted is still visible on my phone yet hers isn't. Hope you get a chance to read and reply to this, I appreciate your response!
    02-10-2018 02:55 AM
    As I am not an IMO user, this is all theory and speculation.

Most of these communication apps will scan your phone's contact list and add your contacts to their contact list. This is how you saw her info without searching for it. Most likely IMO automatically updated her phone with your new IMO info since you are in her phone's contact list.

What probably happened next is that either (1) she deleted the IMO account, or (2) she blocked you from seeing her IMO status.

Did you really delete your IMO account? Usually just uninstalling the app will not delete an account.

Now that you know what she is doing, you need to have a long talk with her. Technology is not going to help with that. :-(
    02-10-2018 03:29 AM
    I too am not an IMO user which is why I needed some assistance on the matter, again thank you for your response.

I too had the same assumption, either she deleted her profile after she saw me or just blocked me. That's why I used another phone, added her number and installed IMO so I could see if she had just blocked me. She isn't visible now so I'd say she has deleted it now. It still doesn't change anything however.

To answer your question no I didn't delete the account I made I just uninstalled it. So when I reinstated the app it just synced my data.
    02-10-2018 04:23 AM