SD Card issues

Mint Ivy

Feb 10, 2018
Visit site
I got a new phone and it's only got 3 gigs of space. The space is almost filled and I put a 2 GB SD card into it so I can move my music and have more space on the device for apps.

I went to the file manager, gave the app permission to write on the SD card, and proceeded to move the files. Everything was going well and I sat the device down to go do something else. I came back and unlocked the screen and it was open to my internal storage. I saw the files I wanted to move in my internal storage which they shouldn't have been. I tried moving the files again and I got an error.

I restarted my device and tried moving the files again.

I tried formatting the SD card on my phone then computer and moving the files again.

I have tried the thing where you make the SD card internal storage which looked like a good idea but was honestly useless asf since my phone still said 3 gigs int storage and my sdcard was completely useless.

I also tried taking out my SD card and moving files to it from my computer which worked out fine. So the SD card isn't the issue.

I tried downloading a different app and moving the files and had the same error.

I have also tried plugging my phone into the computer and moving them from internal storage to the SD card with no luck.

Besides resetting my phone, what else should I try to move the files to my SD card?