Are there any apps that sync public folder calendars?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've been trying [unsuccessfully] to find an app capable of syncing public folder calendars in Outlook. There are numerous apps out there that can sync shared calendars, but I'm looking for one that syncs public folder calendars, specifically (which, from what I've been told by a dev, fundamentally operate different than shared calendars). My employer uses a whole bunch of these public folder calendars on the reg, and I'd like to be able to read/write to them from my phone and tablet as I can on Outlook for Windows or OWA, or I'd at least like to be able to read them! I'd prefer a utility that only serves to supply the calendars to the Outlook app instead of a standalone app, but I might be open to a replacement calendar/mail app since I'm having other issues with Outlook (no notifications on custom e-mail folders).

A while back I purchased Team Calendar Sync, thinking it would give me what I needed (not knowing about the differences between shared and public folder calendars at the time). After a number of e-mails back and forth with the dev, I realized it was not possible to get those calendars to sync with his app. So now I just use it to sync my VP's shared calendar, and that's it. By the way, the dev for Team Calendar Sync was super helpful - very responsive at all times of day, did not get frustrated at my ignorance with the topic, even offered a full refund for it not doing what I thought it would do even though I'd purchased the app months prior! (I refused the money since it was my own fault, but thanked him anyway). The app does work very well for what it's intended use is too, in case anyone is looking. Sorry for the little app review in this question lol.

Anyway, does anyone have a good suggestion for an app/utility for syncing my public folder calendars? One other important thing to mention is that I am kind of limited in my admin rights at work. I'm not going to be able to get login credentials from IT for the public folder accounts, at least not the passwords...probably can figure out usernames. I'm no IT pro (obviously), but I figured if my work Outlook (Windows) account and Outlook OWA can access these calendars, an app should be able to as well simply by using my work login credentials, no?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel