Static / interference from phone on another speaker device

coldpumpkin

Feb 13, 2018
Visit site
Hello there,

I recently bought BQ Aquaris U Plus (Android Nougat) and I notice that whenever the phone is close to another speaker device, like a radio, it sends static / interference signals even when there's no activity going on with the SIM cards (normally it happens when you're making a call, receiving/sending a SMS). This noise happens every 120 seconds or so.

My friend has the exact same model and her phone doesn't behave like this. Why is it constantly communicating with the cell towers?

Thanks.

UPDATE: Seems like this only happens when I select "Enable in automatic mode (2G/3G/4G)" whenever I start my mobile data: https://i.imgur.com/r2yuIQp.jpg

After I turn off the mobile data, the cellphone behaves like I stated before. If I select "Enable in mode 2G/3G" and then turn it off, it doesn't create static anymore. What the hell?

On a side note, everytime I enable mobile data, it gives me this popup asking what kind of connection I want to use, which is really annoying.

Does anyone have a clue?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
2G (TDMA) creates pretty high-energy switching transients - that's what you hear in a speaker just before the phone rings. (We used to mystify people by predicting that their phone was about to ring.) Yours may be doing that pretty regularly, especially if you don't have a solid signal from the tower. Just keep it away from speakers.