I had m8s for 2-3 years now. About 6 months ago it started dying after reaching 15%. But now i have to carry a power bank because the battery drains so quickly and turns off at 60ish% and bellow. So when i try to turn it back on it says 1% or 0%, but when i plug it in for maybe 30secs it shows that phone is charged 50%. Is there any way to fix this or do i have to change the battery?
    02-14-2018 12:47 PM
    It sounds to me like a failing battery.
    See also this:
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...4&share_type=t
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-14-2018 02:22 PM
    First - 15% is much too low to bring a lithium battery to. If you aren't charging it by the time it's dropped to 40%, you're killing it.

Second - it's kind of surprising that a battery being treated like that lasted 2 years. 15% is about low enough to kill the battery in a year or less.

Third - look at Setting/Battery. Tap the graph to see the detailed graph and look for a sharp drop (I call it the "fall off a cliff" response) in battery at the point that it turned off. That indicates a dendrite (which is due to the fact that we didn't really understand how to design lithium batteries until about last month), and there's nothing you can do. Every phone battery out there - including the replacements we'll be getting for the next 2 or 3 years - at least - will have the problem. (See this link for details.)

As Belodion said, it's a bad battery. Unfortunately you can't replace the battery on an M8 yourself, so you'll have to bring it to a repair shop to get a new battery put in. Then charge it as it falls to 40%! 50% is a better point, but 40% doesn't shorten the life that much. And don't charge it past 90% or so (where "or so" means 2% or 3%) - charging to 100% also kills batteries. (And I have to fix that link that Belodion gave you.)
    02-14-2018 05:41 PM