How to restore from Google Drive?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Help!

I just got a replacement phone on insurance, same make same model as before (HTC 10). The last one was backing up fine, but it doesn't seem to have been linked to a HTC account. The new phone asked me to log into my HTC account to restore it, so I set one up with the email address linked to the google drive account, but I'm still not able to access the backed up files via the HTC restore app, and I can't find another way to get them from Drive to the phone.

Any suggestions? I've been googling for hours so now I feel like I have to find a solution...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Set up a Google account, with the same address that you used on the other phone (for the Google account). Anything synced by the old phone will be synced to the new one. (Contacts entered as Phone, Device or SIM contacts don't get synced, the only ones that do are the ones entered as Google contacts.)

KLMM

Feb 15, 2018
Visit site
Set up a Google account, with the same address that you used on the other phone (for the Google account). Anything synced by the old phone will be synced to the new one. (Contacts entered as Phone, Device or SIM contacts don't get synced, the only ones that do are the ones entered as Google contacts.)

Hi, OP here - for some reason I needed to see up a new account to reply.

Thanks for this, but I'm not after Google synchronisation, I'm after the phone backup - call logs, SMS, etc. I can see it's all saved on Drive, I just can't get it on my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22