I've got a Samsung S7 edge which was supplied initially by my old workplace. I have since left employment there and was allowed to take the phone with me. Only thing is, there is a device administrator locked onto the device which jams up a bunch of functions (including, but not limited to, the ability to clear cache or force stop apps).
    The administrator is locked on the phone so can't simply turn it off - that function has been disabled. I looked into the possibility of doing a hard reset of the device, but from what I can tell, the Google account associated with the device belongs to the company and therefore I don't have the password for it.
    Does anyone have any tips or if I took this to a Samsung store, would they be able to assist? Thanks in advance!
    02-14-2018 02:22 PM
    [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

Flash the stock ROM to the phone and you should be fine. (Back up anything you don't want to lose - anything but system apps and their data will be wiped off.)

Samsung is an easy phone to flash a ROM to - the only "problem" is the 10 minutes or so that the phone takes to update after you flash it (you're starting with a completely new phone) and the fact that you have to enter everything again - wifi, email, everything. (Flash the ROM when you have something else to do - once you set Odin running it should flash the ROM, then reboot the phone. Then the phone will sit there looking like it's bricked for about 10 minutes. Don't watch grass grow - go watch TV or something.)
    02-14-2018 04:22 PM