Notification about my SD card being corrupted on my HTC one A9 running Android 7.0

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have used my HTC One A9 for a while. The SD card was formatted and encrypted after the first insertion when the device was bought a couple of months ago. I installed a few updates OTA but suddenly it's consistently snowing notification that says 'checking for errors' with a title saying 'Preparing SD card' and then replaced by 'SD card corrupt. Tap to fix' with a title 'corrupted SD card'. It doesn't even wait till I can physically tap the notification.
My phone's internal and SD card storage has been close to being full. But I don't lose all the data stored on the SD card.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If your card is corrupted and encrypted, then I'm afraid you may just have lost all of that data. Since it's encrypted, you won't be able to remove the card and access it on your computer (since the encryption key is on the phone). Always keep in mind that SD cards are inherently much less reliable than onboard memory -- the chips that are used are low quality, even from well-known companies like Sandisk. Never rely on an SD card as the sole storage for important data -- always keep it backed up or synced somewhere more reliable (like your computer hard drive, or a cloud storage you trust).