Is Samsung designing their first custom efficiency core?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Currently Samsung is a market titan when it comes to cpus, alongside apple and qualcomm. Samsung has already designed its own high performance cpu core called the M core (short for mongoose) and is currently on its 3rd gen cpu core otherwise known as the M3 core which will bring with it a bucketload of improvements, if Samsung's claims turn out to be precise. So my question is this, with the M high performance core used for their big cluster, is Samsung also designing a custom efficiency core to be used in the Little cluster instead of utilising arm reference cortex cores for the next exynos ? Currently my thoughts are that Samsung is saving most of its soc innovations including a cpu with fully custom cores for both the big and little clusters for the exynos 10 or whatever it ends up being called since it will be the chips' 10th anniversary by October this year, now i know that it's a little bit early to envision about what Samsung is planning to do with its socs in the next year since exynos 9810 hasn't been released yet ,but what are your thoughts on the matter?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Currently Samsung is a market titan when it comes to cpus, alongside apple and qualcomm. Samsung has already designed its own high performance cpu core called the M core (short for mongoose) and is currently on its 3rd gen cpu core otherwise known as the M3 core which will bring with it a bucketload of improvements, if Samsung's claims turn out to be precise. So my question is this, with the M high performance core used for their big cluster, is Samsung also designing a custom efficiency core to be used in the Little cluster instead of utilising arm reference cortex cores for the next exynos ? Currently my thoughts are that Samsung is saving most of its soc innovations including a cpu with fully custom cores for both the big and little clusters for the exynos 10 or whatever it ends up being called since it will be the chips' 10th anniversary by October this year, now i know that it's a little bit early to envision about what Samsung is planning to do with its socs in the next year since exynos 9810 hasn't been released yet ,but what are your thoughts on the matter?
My thoughts are as always Samsung will eat the Qualcomm chips in performance and efficiency. The geekbench scores are out and the new Exynos is already more than twice as powerful as the SD845. And the US will be out of luck since Samsung cannot sell Exynos there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze