I am looking a a good source of information for Android phones. Every popular Android site I find thought tends to focus on features enthusiasts care about not average consumers.

Some examples of what I mean:

1. - Stop the thinsanity! Many would gladly add a few MM of thickness to their phone if they could get more battery. Tech sites focus on thickness though and OEMs listen (take the Moto Z Force 2 for example)

2. - Longevity matters - Whether your still on a subsidized 2 year contract or your into an 18-24 month lease, most users plan on keeping their device for a couple of years at least. So long term information like how hard is it to replace the battery when your 14 month old phone won't hold a charge anymore is important. Most Android sites assume you switch devices every few months though and don't really bother with long term concerns.

3. - When is the most economical time to buy? I don't need the latest and greatest and I am not willing to pay that kind of money for it. So when is the most cost effective time to buy. For example the S8 right now is on sale everywhere. Is that because the S9 is around the corner? Will the price drop further once the S9 is available in stores?

I used to read Android Central all the time and listen to their podcast several times a month. I haven't done so in years because I wanted a Consumer Reports type information source for Android Devices and Android Central was going in a different direction. If that is still the case that's cool, I get it but I would really appreciate being pointed to that kind of information source
    02-16-2018 08:45 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Your best bet for information and reviews along those lines would be Consumer Reports, as you already suggested. You could also read the tech pages of mainstream newspapers like the Wall Street Journal or the New York Times, but those sources have tended to be very iPhone-centric.
    02-16-2018 10:27 AM