Why can't I resize a widget?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I accidentally deleted my weather clock widget on my samsung j7. I was able to find it and add it back, but now it's much larger than before. I can add back a widget with just the weather which will let me resize it, but with the weather and the clock, it' won't let me resize it and takes up a lot of space on my screen. Is there any way to get my original widget back?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure -- this is the exact same widget that you had deleted? Does it give you a few different options for widget size in the widget list?

After you place the widget on the homescreen, long-press it again -- do you see the borders appear at all?

MTP76

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
In the widget list, it gives me two options. One with just the weather, and one with weather/clock that says 4X1, but even after I add it to the home screen, then tap on it to resize it, it doesn't give the colored border showing it's available to resize.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm not sure if I have an easy solution for that. You could always install a 3rd party launcher like Nova Launcher, which allows you to resize widgets that normally wouldn't be resizable, but I'm not sure if there's a way to do it on the stock TouchWiz launcher.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's 4X1 it's going to take up a row 4 icons across by 1 icon high. If the widget doesn't give you any other choice, there is none. Look carefully, though - you may have another weather+clock widget that has other sizes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781