Android Auto and OK Google not connecting with Samsung Galaxy S7 for 2018 Mercedes Benz C-Class

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I just purchased a 2018 Mercedes Benz C-Class. When learning about the mobile phone and navigation system interface in the car, the Concierge was unable to set up my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Android Auto. She then told me that the S7 and the 2018 MBZ C-Class system were not compatible and that I needed to upgrade my phone. Is this true??? Supposedly the S7 worked in the 2017 C-Class. Has Samsung changed its Google Assistant and OK Google access on the Samsung Galaxy S7 rendering it incompatible?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Probably not true, but you can never tell. Try pairing it yourself. If the car shows in the Bluetooth screen, delete it. Follow the car manual's instructions to make the car audio findable, then scan on the phone (still in the Bluetooth screen). If the phone finds the car, watch both the car and the phone, because you'll probably have to tell the car audio and the phone that it's okay to pair. If they pair, the phone should connect after a few minutes. Then you're set.

If you can't get them to pair (the phone should find the car audio - phones find Bluetooth-looking signals from devices that have nothing to do with Bluetooth), do it again, but make sure that you read everything both on the phone and on the car audio - you may have to blow the pairing once or twice until you figure out which one is telling you to do what. Then it's going to seem pretty simple, like "what an ***** I was being" kind of simple. (I just got through connecting a brand new phone to an old car audio - and went through the same "won't connect, won't connect, won't - wait a minute, what's it saying?" stuff.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci