I have a straight talk Android zte and it won't do any updates at all. None of my apps will update and even the built in system won't update. I have talked to 4 different people at their tech support who basically told me to shut down and restart my phone. I did that multiple times. After that they had no idea and tried to tell me it must be the app that's screwed up, not the phone. That would mean every single app on my phone was broke including theirs. Their tech support is worthless. Anybody know of a fix? Anybody know an email for them so I can send a hateful message?
    02-18-2018 02:01 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which ZTE phone? When you say it's a Straight Talk phone, do you mean you bought it directly from Straight Talk, or did you get it somewhere else and bring it to Straight Talk?

How are you trying to update your apps -- through the Play Store? If you go to the Updates section of the Play Store, do you see apps available to update? Where does the update process fail?
    02-19-2018 02:50 AM
    It is an actual straight talk phone. I go through the play store to update. I can see everything waiting on updates. I click update and it says "download pending" and that's as far as it gets. It downloads nothing. As far as what kinda phone I am not sure. It's one of their cheapest phones. It's nothing remotely fancy. I'll look on their website, find the phone then get back to you.
    02-20-2018 04:46 PM
    It is an actual straight talk phone. I go through the play store to update. I can see everything waiting on updates. I click update and it says "download pending" and that's as far as it gets. It downloads nothing. As far as what kinda phone I am not sure. It's one of their cheapest phones. It's nothing remotely fancy. I'll look on their website, find the phone then get back to you.
    Network connectivity is OK?

Have you tried doing one app at a time?
    02-20-2018 04:54 PM
    There is plenty of signal. Updating one at a time yields the same result. So, on my battery it says model Z899vl if that helps. Initially I thought maybe my data was too slow or something, but I've been on some strong wifi as well and same old thing.
    02-20-2018 05:11 PM
    Zte majesty pro
    02-20-2018 05:18 PM
    Straight Talk isn't a carrier, they're a Mobile Virtual Network Operator, and MVNOs don't update phones. Your apps should update if you run Play and turn updates on in Settings. Or just go to the app (in Play) and tap the Update button.
    02-20-2018 07:31 PM
    Try going to Settings>Apps, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager -- you probably have to tap Menu>Show System to see it. Now try again.
    02-20-2018 08:26 PM
    I don't know who you are B. Diddy, but I love you. That worked. I've been having such a horrible time with their tech support being so completely terrible. It's been so frustrating. What happened to cause this problem to happen? Did I unknowingly mess something up that could have caused it because if so I don't want to do it again.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-20-2018 09:39 PM
    Straight Talk isn't a carrier, they're a Mobile Virtual Network Operator, and MVNOs don't update phones. Your apps should update if you run Play and turn updates on in Settings. Or just go to the app (in Play) and tap the Update button.
    Been there done that bought the T-shirt. Didn't work.
    02-20-2018 10:02 PM
    What happened (your question to B. Diddy) is that some data in the app's cache probably got corrupted. Probably. Computers are too complex these days to be able to diagnose all problems. (Ask me what happened if it was back in 1975, and I'd be able to examine the computer's RAM and determine exactly what happened. These days, you can't even tell where in RAM the program [or app] was running.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-21-2018 05:01 PM
    I don't know who you are B. Diddy, but I love you. That worked. I've been having such a horrible time with their tech support being so completely terrible. It's been so frustrating. What happened to cause this problem to happen? Did I unknowingly mess something up that could have caused it because if so I don't want to do it again.
    Great! I agree with @Rukbat's explanation. You didn't mess anything up -- this kind of thing happens from time to time.
    02-21-2018 05:25 PM
    Thank you both!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-21-2018 09:05 PM