I am in the process of switching from iPhone to Google Android. While I have a SIM card for my Google Android device, I have not yet activated the phone. I just tried calling my cell phone number (which I have had since 2004) on the Android device. While the phone call did not go through (the phone is not activated), something in Google Android brought back two results on the phone number I dialed. The results correctly identified me by name, but provided an incorrect email address. How do I go about correcting this incorrect email address, as well as redacting my identity from the cell phone number?

Thanking you all in advance for your attention to this matter.
    02-19-2018 08:33 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Where exactly are you seeing this?
    02-19-2018 11:03 AM
    Good day, B. Diddy

I saw this on my (new) phone, after I made the call. I swiped right from "recents" to "contacts," and was surprised to see listings within "contacts," since it is a new phone. I figured out that when I signed into my gmail account on my Android phone, the phone pulled what few contacts I had from my gmail account. Since I have been using my hotmail account more than my gmail one for the past several years, I was surprised to see contact information for someone that I met briefly back in 2008.

I think I have figured out what happened. Thank you so much for your time.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-19-2018 02:10 PM
    Yes, that's one of the advantages (or disadvantages, I guess, depending on your perspective) of using your Google account -- things sync automatically there, and then automatically to any device that you log into. If you don't want them to show up, then go to contacts.google.com on your computer browser and delete all of those contacts. When you enter a new contact in your phone and you don't want it to sync to your Google account, make sure you select some other account (like your Hotmail/Microsoft account, or the Phone account).
    02-19-2018 05:35 PM