Hi my son wanted to transfere his pics from a 8 gb micro sd card to a larger 32gb micro sd to free up space on his phone. When he'd done it and looked at them later quite a lot of them have coloured bars and half black or have fuzz across them what's gone wrong and could we remedy it any way please if anyone has got a answer to this I would be very greatful has he has autism and gets very stressed and upset when things go wrong with his phone thankyou
    02-19-2018 08:48 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, it sounds like those photos got corrupted, either from the data transfer, or due to the card itself. SD cards are inherently less reliable than onboard memory, so they should never be used as the sole storage for important data -- always back it up to a more reliable storage space, like a computer hard drive or a cloud storage.

Go to Settings>Storage, tap Unmount, then remove the card. Insert it into a PC's SD reader, and see if the photos display normally there. If so, back up all of the photos to the computer drive, then run chkdsk to look for any bad sectors on the card: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html
    02-19-2018 10:50 AM