I've had this phone for 2 weeks now. Since purchase, it has been set to pattern and fingerprint unlock only. Somehow this was altered since yesterday. When I unlock my phone with my fingerprint or pattern it now additionally makes me swipe to unlock. Fingerprint/pattern unlocks and gives me about 2 seconds of freedom before the swipe to unlock screen appears with an advertisement and re-locks my phone.

This is very minor, but infuriating none the less.

I've looked for what programs updated overnight and can't find any new ones I hadn't noticed before. I've tried settings and lock patterns to see if slide was unlocked. It wasn't. Next step is to hit it with a rock, right?
    02-19-2018 09:17 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Some app you installed likely came with adware. Start uninstalling apps one by one until the problem goes away.
    02-19-2018 10:37 AM
    Or start the phone in safe mode to make sure that it's an app you can remove. Then, if it is (it won't happen, because none of your installed apps - the ones that didn't come with the phone - will be running), run an app that you normally have running, lock, unlock and see if it happens. Keep running apps, locking and unlocking, until the app you ran last gives you the swipe screen ad. That's the one to uninstall.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-19-2018 03:08 PM