I started; out trying to get rid of unneeded things on my phone. I tried to backup things and then wipe my phone. I got part of my contacts back.I read how to reboot. Tried evidently done wrong.Then I had the don't remove from Target downloading. Then read how to fix so I took out battery,which seems to put my phone back where it was Thank you so much.I still need to find all my other contacts scared don't know where to go from here?
    02-20-2018 02:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What unneeded things did you get rid of? How did you back things up? When you wiped the phone, did you do a standard factory data reset?

The "Downloading, do not turn off target" screen is Download (Odin) Mode, which is reached by powering on with the Power, Home, and Vol Down buttons.

Were your contacts saved to your Google account? When you enter a new contact in your Contacts app, you get the choice to enter it into your Google account, the local Phone account, and possibly other accounts (like your Samsung account). Google account is always the best one, since it syncs automatically with your Google Contacts in the cloud, and these contacts will then sync automatically to any other device where you're logged in. If you entered them into the local Phone account only, then they don't sync anywhere, and you have to back them up properly.
    02-20-2018 08:48 PM