Image not showing up when transfering music

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Whenever i transfer my music to my phone the Cover art doesn't show up example The Witcher 3 cover art shows up on grove music but when i transfer it to my one plus the cover art just doesn't show up but some other Album Artwork do like Witcher 2, Why is this and how can i fix this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The cover art is an additional file (or more than one). Are you transferring all the files associated with that album, or just the music files? (There's no cover art in sound files.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It works best if you embed the album art as part of the ID3 tag. Use Windows Media Player or a 3rd party program like Media Monkey to attach the album art on your computer, then copy the music files to the phone.

Apr 27, 2019
Visit site
for people who might still be having an issue with this: an easy way to get the artwork to copy without having to do a whole bunch of additional messing with id3 tags is to organize the music into folders by album with their respective album artwork inside the same folder, then just copy the folders. this worked for me after absolutely no artwork had copied during my previous attempt to just copy the music itself.

apparently android can't read the image in the metadata, so even if a music file has album art embedded, the device still needs an actual separate jpeg or whatever to associate with it so that it can display the art.

this is also the reason that stray jpeg files in the same folder that you keep your music in might be assigned as art to every single stray song in the same folder (in my case making a smug painting of maurice ravel the cover for all of my "unknown artist" songs)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21