02-23-2018 11:28 AM
32 12
tools Reply
    I'm stumped. Are you able to add someone else's Google account to the phone (in addition to yours), set the Google Play Store to that person's account, and then try installing an app?
    Yes, I have already tried that and it still will not work. Keeps giving me the same error code.
    I just don't understand why it's suddenly doing this when I've never had a problem with it before. -its very frustrating, to say the least.
    02-22-2018 08:31 PM
    Ok, not giving up yet. See what happens if you disable IPv6, either in your APN settings (for mobile data) or your router's settings (you have to log into the router's control panel via your browser -- see the router manual for instructions). Sometimes, for reasons I don't understand, some servers don't work well over IPv6 (even though that's supposed to be the new standard).
    02-22-2018 08:38 PM
    Ok, not giving up yet. See what happens if you disable IPv6, either in your APN settings (for mobile data) or your router's settings (you have to log into the router's control panel via your browser -- see the router manual for instructions). Sometimes, for reasons I don't understand, some servers don't work well over IPv6 (even though that's supposed to be the new standard).
    Alright. I will try and see if it works. & Thank you so much for trying to help me figure this out
    02-22-2018 08:40 PM
    Sadly, neither disabling it on the router or in my phone settings worked either.
    02-22-2018 09:28 PM
    Changing DNS server? http://www.howtogeek.com/167533/the-...ur-dns-server/
    02-23-2018 11:19 AM
    Is it happening with all apps or just some? Have you checked the free space on your phone (you need about twice the size of the final app in order to install it)? Does it happen on another WiFi network? Or on mobile data? Have you tried booting up into Safe Mode and installing from there? (Can't remember if they let you install apps in Safe Mode anymore, though, so that might not work).
    02-23-2018 11:26 AM
    Also, make sure Google Play Services is up to date. It should be auto-updating on its own, but just in case, go to the Play Store page for Play Services and see if there's an update. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.gms&hl=en. If it doesn't come up on your phone, go to that link on your computer browser, click Installed, and see if it says you can update it on your Moto G.
    02-23-2018 11:28 AM
32 12