Was wondering why my data skyrockets so fast within days so checked out which apps I hadn't restricted and noticed Google Photos used up the most data. More than twice the amount of all other apps not restricted.
    Went to App Info, mobile data (which shows "allow background data usage is off"), so clicked on Storage and seen "External Storage - Access to 1 folder/file"
    Total data usage was 5x higher than any previous months.

1) How do I find out what file is referred to in External Storage?
    2) How do I fix this?
    02-21-2018 10:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I assume you're looking at the mobile data that's being used, and not the internal storage. The access to External Storage is likely in reference to a folder on an SD card, but that wouldn't have anything to do with how much mobile data Google Photos is using.

If you have Google Photos Backup turned on, that can use a fair amount of data if you're taking a lot of photos (or if you're backing up your photos for the first time). Go to the Google Photos app menu and turn off the Celular Data Backup toggle. This will limit the backup to when you're connected to wi-fi.
    02-22-2018 05:34 PM