After installing the DU Battery saver app on Galaxy S4m the Trash Cleaner app (which came packaged with DU Battery saver) reports that it is finding around 500 MB of trash every day. I choose the option to clean the trash and it reports that it did so but after just a couple of hours it again reports finding around 500 MB of trash.

How can this be? I am not a heavy phone user and have the WiFi and mobile data switched off most of the time. I don't use the phone to play music or to view video.

It makes no sense that so much trash is collected within a short time and it is almost pointless asking it to do a clean every couple of hours.

Could it be that trash cleaner is misreporting the amount of trash so as to impress me at the great service it is providing? Should I ditch trash cleaner?
    02-23-2018 06:29 AM
    There is in my opinion no need for such apps. You can delete cached files - though they are hardly trash - yourself via Settings, Storage, Cached Data. There is seldom, and some would say never or almost never, need to do so however, as long as the phone is running well.
    02-23-2018 07:00 AM
    unistall that app and try CCcleaner
    02-23-2018 09:17 AM