ASUS Zenpad 3S 10 purchased on Black Friday. Android 7.0 Only System type upgrade was to load Nova Launcher. Can access Gmail fine

No problem downloading or upgrading from the Play Store till a couple days ago. Gets to My Apps, shows Apps to update, press UPDATE ALL as usual, app at the top shows spinning. No download happens even waiting 20 minutes. Cleared cache, restarted, still doesn't work. Won't download new apps either.
    02-23-2018 04:31 PM
    Try going to Settings>Apps, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache and Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager -- you probably have to tap Menu>Show System to see it. Now try again.
    02-24-2018 12:53 AM
    Did what you recommended, Cleared Data & Cache in Play Store App and also Play Store Services. Can't find the Download Manager to clear it. Where is this Menu You reference. Checked all over, can't find it.
    02-26-2018 05:10 PM
    Go to Settings>Apps, then tap Menu>Show System. Now look for Download Manager. Do you see it?
    02-26-2018 05:22 PM
    Yes. Thank you. Restarting now.

Tried updating a single App. Notification - Can't Update. Try again, and if problem continues, get help troubshooting, (Error code: 905)
    02-26-2018 05:44 PM
    Hmm. Have you tried on different wi-fi networks?
    02-26-2018 05:58 PM
    No. Every other App works fine including Gmail. My last resort is to do a factory reset which means I'll have to rebuild everything.
    02-26-2018 06:22 PM
    Try it on a different wi-fi network. Sometimes there can be issues with a particular network. If you only are able to use your own home wi-fi network, then try going to the router settings (see your router manual to learn how) and disable IPv6 to see if that helps.
    02-26-2018 06:36 PM
    I tried it on a neighbors WiFi....same thing. Guess I'm stuck with factory reset and rebuild my screens. Thanks for you quick assistance anyway.
    02-26-2018 10:50 PM
    Before you do the factory reset, see if you can go to Settings>Accounts and remove your Google account, then add it back again. (Some devices won't let you do this and require a factory reset to remove the primary Google account.)
    02-27-2018 02:49 AM
    Thanks for all your help. I'm rebuilding the screens as I had them. Took screen shots of each as a guide. Bit the bullet and did the reset. Smooth, easy....just taking time to return to tablet nirvana.

You get a big "Thumbs Up" from me.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-06-2018 12:03 PM
    Try this Solution!!!

Go to settings and turn Data Saver ON. Ensure that in Data Saver screen, unrestricted access is turned ON for Google Play Services and Google Play Store. This should resolve the problem of app not downloading in play store or any sync issues in Google account.

The reason is one of your app is blocking the background process. In my case the culprit was Google Photos app. I have automatic back up turned ON in Google Photos and this was somehow breaking background processes of Google services and play store.

There is a way for you to identify the problem app. After turning ON Data Saver, Turn ON unrestricted access for all apps within Data Saver screen. Then start download of app updates in play store. If you already have play store download problem, you may not see download arrow in the top left corner of the screen. Now toggle for app each one by one unrestricted access button OFF, watch for download arrow whether it started working, if not then back to ON. When I did this for Google Photos, everything started working fine.

Now I do it manual in for Google Photos back up.

You can use the same method for verifying Google account sync issues too.
    05-24-2018 06:23 AM
    Asus zenpad 3s 10 here too. Same issue the past week. Clearing cache for play store worked twice but it always fails the next time there are updates.
    06-13-2018 01:33 AM
    Thank you for the life saving tip on Data Saver On- it is too bad Asus tech support does not stay up to date with these tips - I did one factory reset and was resigned to almost sending my new tablet back to them when I saw your Data Saver / unrestricted access tips and now PlayStore updates working perfect again- many thanks
    06-29-2018 02:05 PM
    I had the same problem, but when I turned off the VPN on my phone, it worked fine.
    03-01-2019 11:42 AM
    Try this Solution!!!

Go to settings and turn Data Saver ON. Ensure that in Data Saver screen, unrestricted access is turned ON for Google Play Services and Google Play Store. This should resolve the problem of app not downloading in play store or any sync issues in Google account.

The reason is one of your app is blocking the background process. In my case the culprit was Google Photos app. I have automatic back up turned ON in Google Photos and this was somehow breaking background processes of Google services and play store.

There is a way for you to identify the problem app. After turning ON Data Saver, Turn ON unrestricted access for all apps within Data Saver screen. Then start download of app updates in play store. If you already have play store download problem, you may not see download arrow in the top left corner of the screen. Now toggle for app each one by one unrestricted access button OFF, watch for download arrow whether it started working, if not then back to ON. When I did this for Google Photos, everything started working fine.

Now I do it manual in for Google Photos back up.

You can use the same method for verifying Google account sync issues too.
    Thanks, I had the same problem. I can only restrict for all apps, or restrict only apps listed in data usage details. I'm unable to find the app that is blocking play store, so the solution was temporary only when I ticked metered connection on wifi and restrict for all (I need to do this when I want to update). I have very few Google apps: Maps, Google app, voice search, play games and Gcam.

Do you any thoughts about this? What I could try?
    06-17-2019 08:57 PM