msung Ji mini is not being recognised by my PC

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

and I have just purchased a Mitsubishi ASX, when I connect the Phone to use as a GPS I get a USB error on the car screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, when you connect to the PC via USB, swipe down the notification panel and look for a USB icon there. If you see one, tap it and make sure MTP is selected. You should then be able to access the phone's storage directories using Windows Explorer.

Second, keep in mind that unless your car has integrated Android Auto, connecting the phone via the USB port often won't do anything. The USB port in a car has traditionally been used for music stored on USB flash drives. Some phones (mostly Samsung) can output audio via USB, but the phone won't be treated as a USB drive. Regardless, you wouldn't be able to connect it via USB as a GPS device unless you have Android Auto.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've found that Maps and Mapquest (one of which I guess he's using for GPS - if he's using Waze, it probably will too) will send turn-by-turn audio through USB to a car stereo, even if it has no Android anything. (I wish they had had car audio systems that actually ran Android when I bought mine - and I'm too old to crawl under the dashboard to replace mine now.) I've had to revert to that when my Pixel 2 was being difficult getting connected by Bluetooth and I just had to leave.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz