Hi guys, had a previous problem with my S8+ not leaving caller ID at all. Tried all the usual fixes posted on various websites and failed miserably. Did a factory reset and it now works fine on my spare mobile but not on my landline or my mum's landline. All Virgin Media equipment by the way...My S8 says 'Number displayed on outgoing calls' in the 'more settings menu....Any ideas?
    02-24-2018 11:02 AM
    But it shows a callerID on other phones? And your landline and your mum's phone get callerID from other callers? I'd contact Virgin Media, maybe work to the engineering department (so they can trace the callerID going from you making the call, through their equipment, to your landline, etc.)

If the other phones (your landline and your mum's phone) aren't getting callerID at all, Virgin may be having temporary problems (with a lot of phones), and they'll tell you to wait while they get it sorted out.
    mainbunny likes this.
    02-24-2018 11:37 AM
    Thanks Rukbat, good idea..
    02-24-2018 12:35 PM
    Just to update, contacted Virgin, twice, they said they had set it to leave my number,(caller id), on landlines, they set it on the first day, no go, second day they refreshed it, still no go.. They can't understand why it doesn't leave my number on land lines but it does on other mobiles. Neither can I.
    02-27-2018 11:10 AM
    If they can't figure it out (and they can follow your connection from the time it connects to their tower to the time it arrives at your landline), we don't stand a chance of hitting on a correct wild guess. The phone doesn't generate anything to create the callerID, Virgin's servers do all that. (I suspect that it was tech support, at best, that worked on it - engineering wouldn't give up until they solved it. I know - I used to, as the saying goes, "bee wun". You don't go to sleep at night with a problem like that, you keep working on it until you solve it or you fall asleep draped over the back of a chair. We've a stubborn breed.)
    02-27-2018 01:04 PM