I have a samsung j3 emergr phone and for some reason it doesnt have clipboard. So i downloaded the app clipboard actions, i accidently deleted by clipboard is their a way to recover deleted app data?Thank you.
    02-24-2018 03:50 PM
    No, sorry. (And the J3 should have a clipboard built in.)
    Honnybee7 likes this.
    02-25-2018 02:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! All Android devices have a clipboard function, but that only temporarily saves the last thing you copied to it. If you copy something else to the clipboard, the previously saved item is lost.
    Honnybee7 likes this.
    02-25-2018 07:50 PM
    I can guarantee you this one doesn't and it isn't an issue specific to me because online other j3 emerge users complain about this issue aswell.
    02-26-2018 12:51 AM
    ALL Android devices have a clipboard -- it's just that certain Android devices have a manufacturer-specific enhanced clipboard app that might allow the user to temporarily copy multiple items (instead of just one at a time). Some Samsung devices have this, but many others don't. Your J3 Emerge likely only has the very basic clipboard function that only holds one item at a time. Any time you select text and tap Copy, that text is going temporarily into the system's clipboard. If you then long-press some other empty text field and tap Paste, that's the clipboard in action. If you're saying that you never get the Copy or Paste options, then give us more details about that.
    Honnybee7 likes this.
    02-26-2018 01:18 PM
    The clipboard isn't something you see an icon for, or that you can "access" somehow.

If you long-press some text, and you're given the option to copy or cut it, or you long-press in a text input box and you're given the option to paste, that's the phone's internal clipboard - and it's the only way to access it. Copy or cut something, then you can paste it somewhere else. (Pretty much like the clipboard in Windows or MacOS. [In this case, it's internal to Linux, which is the OS that Android runs on.])
    Honnybee7 likes this.
    02-26-2018 04:06 PM
    ALL Android devices have a clipboard -- it's just that certain Android devices have a manufacturer-specific enhanced clipboard app that might allow the user to temporarily copy multiple items (instead of just one at a time). Some Samsung devices have this, but many others don't. Your J3 Emerge likely only has the very basic clipboard function that only holds one item at a time. Any time you select text and tap Copy, that text is going temporarily into the system's clipboard. If you then long-press some other empty text field and tap Paste, that's the clipboard in action. If you're saying that you never get the Copy or Paste options, then give us more details about that.
    Yes I can copy and paste things one at a time, but the thing was initially like the first couple days the phone actually showed the clipboarding option that holds multiple saved text and then randomly next couple days just disappeared.
    02-27-2018 07:22 AM
    That's Samsung - their clipboard normally holds a few things. But the size of the clipboard is limited, and if you copy a large paragraph, that may be all you can copy. (You're getting into systems programming here - way beyond something as trivial as developing a banking app or a database app - even just an update to a larger version of Android - and with a 16GB phone, an update from Marshmallow to Nougat could be enough - could make them decide to drastically lower the size of the clipboard.)

In any event, it's not something broken - if the clipboard "broke" in some way, you probably wouldn't even get the screen to light when you tried turning the phone on. The clipboard is totally in RAM, and if RAM goes, the whole phone goes until you get the RAM (or the whole motherboard, more likely) replaced. (And the "software" that runs the clipboard is in Linux, which has to be running properly for Android to even load. It's a whole level lower than the firmware.)
    02-27-2018 11:47 AM