Lost phone, set "Lock device" PIN, found phone, can't access data even though I k

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I lost my phone, set a "lock screen and message" with a PIN.
Then I found my phone and remember the PIN, but it hasn't asked me to enter it anywhere. I did see the lock screen and tried calling the phone number that I asked it to, but it never asked me to input a PIN.
I can access everything on my phone, but now that I am trying to upload photos to my computer, it keeps saying my device is locked and it can't access any files.

Thanks for your help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? How did you remotely lock it -- using Google's Find My Device, or Samsung's Find My Mobile, or something else?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did your phone have a screen lock password set in the first place, or was it only set to Slide to Unlock (or None)? You can only create a new lockscreen password remotely if the phone didn't already have a password set. So if the phone was completely unprotected before, you'd need to enter the PIN you created using Find My Device. If the phone did have a password before, then it's that original password (or PIN) you have to enter.