I received a group text on my pixel 2xl, but I can't see all the phone numbers in the group

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I got a group text and it says there are 8 more people with a + sign, but it does not expand.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Normally you don't need to see that, because anyone interested in the text will be adding their own text, so you'll eventually see everyone involved. (Remember, this is texting - a protocol originally developed for pocket pagers, where all messages were "from" your pager service. Emails can list many CC addresses, but SMS wasn't designed for that. That's why things like Hangouts and iMessage were invented. When RCS take over SMS, and every phone has an RCS app, we'll be getting a lot more in texting, but these things take time. [Back around 12 years ago, we finally got the ability to send MMS from one carrier to another - something that had been complained about for years.])

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Normally you don't need to see that, because anyone interested in the text will be adding their own text, so you'll eventually see everyone involved. (Remember, this is texting - a protocol originally developed for pocket pagers, where all messages were "from" your pager service. Emails can list many CC addresses, but SMS wasn't designed for that. That's why things like Hangouts and iMessage were invented. When RCS take over SMS, and every phone has an RCS app, we'll be getting a lot more in texting, but these things take time. [Back around 12 years ago, we finally got the ability to send MMS from one carrier to another - something that had been complained about for years.])

SMS never handled group messaging.

MMS does that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12