Hey Guys!

I woke up this morning to a really annoying rapidly flashing right arrow IN my battery icon on my LG v30 from T-Mobile. As of this moment, I had gotten a USB notification asking how I would like to use the power source. I have soft reset the device as well as booted into safe mode and nothing seems to work. I tried to blow into the USB port and attempted to use a piece of cotton to maybe clean it out. I have called LG and they gave me the whole 'send it in and we'll check it out' spiel but I really don't want to go 2 weeks without a phone. Anybody else with this issue/resolution/idea of what this could be?
    02-27-2018 11:17 AM
    An idea of what it {could be|most likely is} - a bad USB port. As for fixing it, I've never had LG fix anything, so I don't know if they're 24 hour turnaround or they keep your phone for weeks, if they fix things like that quickly (even a Type C port is a bad idea for something that gets plugged into every day) or they tell you that almost any trouble is your fault. And I don't know how difficult getting to that port is in a sealed phone like the V30. I'd check with a couple of local repair shops to get an idea of how expensive the repair would be. (If they have to disassemble half the phone it's going to cost a lot more than if they just have to remove the back cover.) Then I'd decide whether to pay for it or send it to LG.
    02-27-2018 11:23 AM