Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) model SM-T580 (Software is up to date) is having some serious issues with connectivity. When Bluetooth is enabled WiFi will randomly stop working. Chromecast loses connection to tablet occasionally even when Bluetooth is disabled.

The strangest thing about this, that actually makes me wonder if there is a fault with the device itself, is that if I try to disable WiFi to make a new connection the tablet will over 50 % of the time do some kind of self semi-shut-down /reset procedure (screen goes black, Samsung logo appears with characters being "drawn on the screen", reloads Android).
    It doesn't reset from the start (as the start-up time at this point is not that long), but it seems it kind of logs out the current user and starts all over again.

I find it really strange and I'm now wondering if it's some kind of technical issue with the Wifi-/bluetooth adapter as it doesn't seem to be a widespread problem...?
    02-28-2018 04:04 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! First, try wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28352. If that doesn't help, see if the problem persists in Safe Mode: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28317
    02-28-2018 10:56 AM
    What you're describing sounds like a soft reset - Android (which is a program running in Linux, which is running on the tablet) restarts, but it doesn't cause Linux itself to restart. Try Safe Mode to see if some app you installed is causing the problem? (Uninstall Android Home first, restart the tablet, then install Android Home, just to be sure it's not the Chromecast connection itself that's causing the problem.)

There are many apps that can do soft restarts, and one you installed may just be causing it.
    02-28-2018 02:25 PM
    Chromecast loses connection to tablet occasionally even when Bluetooth is disabled.
    Another strange thing about this is that e.g. when I start up an app that supports Chromecast (e.g. Netflix) at first the Chromecast symbol sometimes is not there at all where it normally would be.
    I have found a workaround and that is to manually shut off the screen from the power button and then turn it right back on again and usually that makes the Chromecast symbol appear and I can stream normally to my TV.
    Is this perhaps a symptom of the connectivity issues I'm having or is this a known Chromecast thing..?

Over all, it seems the behaviour of the connections (WiFi/Bluetooth) in combination with the apps like Netflix etc that uses Chromecast is really unstable and the connection is almost certainly lost if the screen goes dark. Most of the time I'm required to close all apps, reset WiFi and sometimes even restart the tablet completely to regain control over the Chromecast. This is not a problem with the Chromecast itself, as my Android phone (Sony XA1) is not having any such issues and can stream for days without any hiccups...
    03-01-2018 03:24 AM
    Is this perhaps a symptom of the connectivity issues I'm having or is this a known Chromecast thing..?
    Neither one, to my knowledge.

the connection is almost certainly lost if the screen goes dark.
    Check the WiFi settings. Do you allow it to sleep or turn off at any time? (Sometimes the hardware doesn't wake up unless it's nudged.)

Most of the time I'm required to close all apps, reset WiFi and sometimes even restart the tablet completely to regain control over the Chromecast. This is not a problem with the Chromecast itself, as my Android phone (Sony XA1) is not having any such issues and can stream for days without any hiccups...
    The only thing I've ever seen that causes Chromecast connections is WiFi sleeping.

But why don't you just install Google Home and forget about the "cast" button on apps? Just cast the tablet (in Home) and if you run Netflix or Chrome or anything else, it will show on the TV. What's causing apps to not cast is an interesting research project, but do you want to do research, or do you just want to get the tablet casting?
    03-01-2018 03:42 PM
    Neither one, to my knowledge.

Check the WiFi settings. Do you allow it to sleep or turn off at any time? (Sometimes the hardware doesn't wake up unless it's nudged.)

The only thing I've ever seen that causes Chromecast connections is WiFi sleeping.

But why don't you just install Google Home and forget about the "cast" button on apps? Just cast the tablet (in Home) and if you run Netflix or Chrome or anything else, it will show on the TV. What's causing apps to not cast is an interesting research project, but do you want to do research, or do you just want to get the tablet casting?
    Wifi is set to never shut off.

I have Google Home, but it's not really useful for browsing or anything. You see a selection of like 5 titles on Netflix. "Open app" to see more...
    Even the Home app bugs out occasionally, so not much help there anyway...
    From today:
    Suddenly I had the Chromecast icon turn semi transparent after the screen woke up after watching a show. Screen had went to sleep as the show was long enough.
    It started counting down the 30 second timer before loading the next episode. During this I tried to disconnect Chromecast.
    Semi transparent icon didn't respond. Shut down screen, and back on again. Icon is normal again. Doesn't respond still. Go to Google Home App. Disconnect Chromecast from there.
    Sometimes this list is a lot longer of troubleshooting when even Home App won't react to my commands and I basically have to restart everything as a final solution...
    03-08-2018 02:35 PM