Outlook Exchange on Gmail android app showing partial email, part of an email

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I receive my Outlook exchange emails on my Android Gmail app, however, when an email is long, it is showing only part of the email, not the whole email. If an email is over 102 kb, then Gmail is suppose to clip the message and show a link to view the whole email, however, NOT in my case.

I have latest version of Gmail for Android. I have tested the same email in my Gmail account and there is whatsoever no problem.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Actually, according to the Exchange equivalent to an RFC, the email is supposed to be cut at the server's maximum length, or refused as being too long, there's nothing in the standard about showing you a link to view the entire email (as far as I can remember - it's been a while since I was an Exchange administrator - and things may have gotten even worse since then - they never got better), even if the server is capable of being set that way. SMS can be set (by the sender) to send a text longer than 140 octets as a link to a file, but not Exchange unless the server is set to do it.

Another problem you're running into is that Gmail handles POP3 and IMAP, and kind of handles Exchange, but due to the fact that Exchange can be set up in so many different ways, Gmail has a problem with some Exchange setups. (You can even configure Exchange so that Outlook has problems with it - the server just has too many possible combinations of settings.)

If I were you, I'd try a few so-called "Outlook" apps and find one that works well with the Exchange server you use, then add the Gmail accounts you have (if any) to it. Handling POP3 and IMAP is trivial, has been a standard for many years, and just about every email client does it well these days.