End-of-call high beep tone and In-call notification volume

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I moved from iOS to Android about a week back, and there are some niggles that I face on the Pixel 2. These could be small issues for most users, but are becoming a reason for me to consider a shift back to iOS, for they are repetitive in nature.

I use headphones for a lot of my phone calls, and I'm a heavy phone user. After completing a call, and when I disconnect - there is a loud beep sound, which basically indicates that the line is no longer active. What is disconcerting is the volume with which it hits you (especially when you use the headphones). I've tried varying the different volume options that are available while In-call, and nothing seems to help. The first time this happened I panicked thinking of the impact it would have on my eardrums in the long run!

The other niggle is with the notification volume of incoming calls or messages while In-call. To an extent these can be reduced by turning down 'Ring' volume while In-call - however the results are at best erratic. And when the notification beeps come in, lets say for example while you get an incoming call while In-call - the quality and texture of the sound alert simply does not live up to the style and class of a phone like Pixel 2.

I feel pretty let down by the above two issues. More so when you are trying to adjust to the Android look & feel (colorful, jazzy, upbeat!) while moving from iOS. If anyone has a solution, please let me know. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That seems strange -- I just tested my Pixel 2 XL using wired headphones, and the end-call beep sounds very normal, comparable to the volume of the rest of the call. I wonder if it might be related to the specific carrier?

I'm also not sure what you mean about the notification tone you hear while in call. I get a relatively pleasant short high-pitched tone to let me know a notification has arrived while in call -- enough for me to know that something arrived, but not obnoxious or jarring. What do you hear?

A

Android Central Question

End-of-call high beep tone and In-call notification volume - Can't answer, so posting to B. Diddy

Hi,

I've tried multiple permutations (haven't tried changing my SIM card though), and also checked if other users are facing it - seems to be a prevalent issue but less quoted than other issues of Pixel 2.

The notification tone could be a 'double beep' when an call comes in when you are holding another call. The sound is pretty loud.

I guess I'll need to wait and see if the next update does anything good. Thanks for your reply.

20 hours agoB. Diddy
Welcome to Android Central! That seems strange -- I just tested my Pixel 2 XL using wired headphones, and the end-call beep sounds very normal, comparable to the volume of the rest of the call. I wonder if it might be related to the specific carrier?

I'm also not sure what you mean about the notification tone you hear while in call. I get a relatively pleasant short high-pitched tone to let me know a notification has arrived while in call -- enough for me to know that something arrived, but not obnoxious or jarring. What do you hear?