I HATE my update! My phone updated November and I'm ready to throw it out the window on the freeway.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

It is so frustrating! It worked almost perfectly for the year before. NOW IT SUCKS. My biggest complaint (BUT by FAR not the only one) is that a LOT of times I can't even answer my calls. They put this new cover page on it that I hate! It's just an extra step. Many times I can't even get it to unlock in time before the caller hangs up. THAT COST ME MONEY DAMMIT! They added all these new aps I never asked for or wanted. It all comes up at the worst possible times. What the hell is Joy Lock Screen anyhow? I called both my phone service and my phone manufacturer and neither one had any idea. I asked where I could find a manual and no one could help with that either. They put all this other crap on there that is just an annoyance. It comes up constantly. I HATE this phone now. Why can't they just leave crap alone? This is NOT progress!

chukster

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for that, I'll try it BUT that's just a start. They put all kinds of crap on there that keeps blocking everything else. I'd like to strangle these guys. I called Alcatel and they were ABSOLUTELY USELESS. I've had good luck with thier phones before and have recommended them many times but never will again

chukster

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
Yep that sounds like it's the same thing. I don't have time to constantly educate myself on how all this stuff works. It's all VERY frustrating. No wonder when I called Alcatel they acted like I was crazy to the point of being cocky. I've gotten a years usage out of this $100 phone, maybe it's time to take my losses and get rid of it. In the last few months it's probably raised my blood pressure about 30 points and shortened my life a couple of years already. Thanks for all your help. I was starting to think maybe I was just crazy.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You could always just learn how to flash ROMs, find the image for the older version and flash it back to what it was. You won't save any data if you just toss the phone so I guess there's nothing on the phone you care about saving, but you can back up everything if you prefer (see Backing up an Android Device). Then flash the older version, root, and it won't update.

(Their [all cellphone manufacturers] business model is to cater to the larger audience, and most people wouldn't mind 6 new versions a year - they want the latest thing the moment they can get it. For people to whom the phone is just a tool with which to do business, that's the path to madness and bankruptcy - but you're a small audience, so the manufacturers don't care.)