I tried to root my galaxy tracfone j3 earlier without a computer and it never worked. But now most of my apps don't work the message that comes up is screen overlay detected. Then it tells me to go to settings and apps/permissions and I do and nothing works
    03-01-2018 12:27 AM
    I tried to root my galaxy tracfone j3 earlier without a computer and it never worked. But now most of my apps don't work the message that comes up is screen overlay detected. Then it tells me to go to settings and apps/permissions and I do and nothing works
    Screen overlay detected is not rare to see, but it has never happened to me because of a failed rooting (assuming it is the real cause of your case). There are many similar posts on this forum and various answers are provided according to different conditions. You may have a try and then tell people what happens after that. Here are some of the tricks for screen overlay detected problem.
    03-01-2018 03:46 AM
    "Screen overlay detected" brings you to a screen of apps thathave permission to overlay the screen. You have to figure out which one is doing it at the moment and disable its permission to overlay. (It's most often an app that controls the screen - brightness, multiple apps at once, etc.) Then you can leave it off if you don't need it doing that, or you can disable it every time you need to change an app's permissions (which is normally what triggers that message - you can't change an app's permissions if something is overlaying it).
    03-01-2018 03:34 PM