My Galaxy S6 was killed by a Verizon "update" yesterday. When I start it, it goes to the red Verizon logo and that's it. I can also navigate to the Recovery screen by holding home+volume up+power while booting up. This takes me to a blue android screen that says Applying Update, then No Command, then the recovery screen. I tried installing the firmware myself using ADB sideloading as I found on a website (which this forum is marking as spam). But it just says Status 1 and doesn't work. Maybe something about needing a signed firmware file from Verizon itself? I don't know.

I took it to a cell phone repair guy but he seemed even more clueless than me. Didn't even know how to turn the phone off from the Verizon screen.

I don't want to use the Factory Reset because there are some pictures on my phone that I'd really like to keep. The repair person said my text messages were saved on my SIM card so I don't have to worry about them - is that true?

TLDR - is there any way to back up my images before using the factory reset? I tried Samsung Switch but that doesn't connect to my phone. And I tried EaseUS MobiSaver for Android which tells me that I need to enable USB debugging on my phone (sure, I'll get right on that!). So, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    03-01-2018 02:58 PM
    OP here - I meant to mention, my phone is not rooted or custom in any way.
    03-01-2018 03:04 PM
    My brother was telling me that I should be able to pull files from the phone since I can connect with ADB, but I can't figure out how to make it work. The program won't even recognize that the phone is connected unless I go to Sideload ADB Update in the recovery menu, and that's more of a push than a pull. Plus from what I've read, it seems like I would need to know the file names and paths to pull them one at a time, which I don't. Anyone know anything about this process? I have no experience at all with this.
    03-01-2018 08:13 PM
    Was your phone not set to backup your pictures to Google at any point? I would check that from a computer (Google Drive) first. If they're there, than you're clear to reset the phone. Since I'm a Office 365 user, I have OneDrive setup, as soon as I take a picture, it uploads it to my drive, and it shows up on my computers within minutes. Can also be setup to do this only on wifi. But backed up non-the-less.
    I hate to say it, but I fear your pictures may be lost at this point already if they weren't being uploaded. I can't say for sure, but the flash memory of your phone may be corrupted causing the update issues.
    06-23-2018 09:08 PM