Lock screen notifications disappearing immediately

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,

I have been having an issue with notifications the past couple of weeks with Notifications on the lock screen.

I get a notifications from various apps and they normally stay in the lock screen/tray until I swipe them aside, or click to open them, as of recently I get a vibration, LED alert that I have got a notification but when I pick up the phone and check the notifications on the lock screen for a quick glance, they'll appear but as soon as I try to view them on the lock screen tray, they will disappear almost immediately.

I have tried reading various sites and suggestions but all unsuccessful. It doesn't appear to be power settings, cache issues nor any specific app (as it is doing this for; 90min, outlook, gmail, mygalaxy, googleplay store, device and settings alerts etc'

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Is it connected to a smartwatch or similar device? Do you have other Android devices logged into the same account, with the same apps?

Stemx

Mar 3, 2018
Visit site
Hi Diddy

I have the Samsung S7. I dont use a watch, the only bluetooth devices i use are soundbars, car radio etc

But this issue occurs when im connected or not connected to a device on the BT. My previous phone has the same account but the phones not on or in use

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

DWhatley

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I posted this answer under the Samsung thread as well but, since I could find no satisfactory answer myself and did finally stumble upon the solution, I am posting it here:

I have an LG but was having the same problem. Since each manufacturer arranges Android menus somewhat differently I suspect my solution is the same but finding it may take a different path. I found the offending permission to be Google Services NOT having permission to read instant messages. The path I fumbled into was: Settings>Apps & notifications > App permissions > Additional Permissions > read instant messages > (click the three dot menu)> Show System > (turn on) Google Serviced. This immediately and consistently solved the problem. I know this is likely too late for the originators but hopefully others will find the info useful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20