I have an s7. Came with marshmallow and activated fine. No issues at all. Once I upgraded to Nougat every time I restart phone it will search for service and never connect back to cell network until i make a call. So no text or calls will come through.

I have made sure sim card was good by using it in a known good phone. Talked with pageplus they dont see any issues. Talked with samsung they only said try a reset which didnt work.

I have downgraded back to marshmallow and all is good again but that does not fix the issue. Can anyone here help with this? I have searched google all i can for a fix and nothing works so far.
    03-02-2018 07:27 PM
    I'd go one of two paths:

If there's nothing you need in Nougat, leave it alone.

If there is, let it upgrade back to Nougat, then bring it back to PP and tell them "no nonsense, no stories, you're providing the service, the phone works according to Samsung, so make it work". (In the old days of contracts, their failure to make it work was grounds for you to cancel the contract with no early termination fees. Tech support, engineering and retention would all get involved. There are no contracts any more, PP is just an MVNO [American Movil, like Straight Talk and TracFone], no access to real tech support or to Verizon's engineering department. so you're basically stuck with AM's "customer support" - which has never been known as the greatest.)

And going to the source, Verizon, isn't really an option, because they're the most expensive carrier there is.

(There's nothing you can do on your end to fix things - either Samsung or AM have to do whatever is necessary to get the phone working on Nougat - and you already know how much help you'll get from them. You might check to see if PP has a Facebook page - AM seems to keep its best techs on Facebook.)
    03-03-2018 04:26 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I would also try updating back to Nougat and then wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28028
    03-03-2018 10:39 PM