Last week I bought my gf a phone and put her on my account. She has a ZTE BLADE X MAX. We go thru cricket. Four days ago her phone starts making this loud siren. The screen freezes. It shuts down and reboots. I chalked it up to virus and had her delete the game she was on. Next day it does it again while on YouTube. I was gonna do a soft reset but the back doesn't come off. Guess her battery doesn't come out either. It did it a couple more times in different apps so Thursday I took it to cricket. Guy does a factory reset and tells her not to down load so many games. I wanted him to just exchange the phone but he insisted whatever it was would be fixed with the reset. Yesterday it did it again. She was playing the one game she has downloaded ( I have it on my stylo3) . and the same thing happens. Then later again on YouTube. ..I am stumbbed! I have googled everything I can think of. Any ideas what is going on? Cuz if I can't fix it myself at least I can have some ideas for Mr. Know It All at Cricket... Thx
    03-03-2018 07:07 AM
    Return the phone while it's still in the exchange period.
    03-03-2018 07:20 AM
    And tell her to stop going to sites that may have viruses, stop opening things she's not sure of, etc.

(If she downloaded a virus, uninstalling a game isn't going to remove it. Installing too many games isn't going to cause it. Cricket needs some associates who actually know about cellphones.)

Oh, and to reset the phone, turn it off, then turn it on. That does the same as pulling the battery, and the only thing left is a factory reset (which won't remove a virus that installed itself as a system app).

As methodman said, I hope she's brought it back and had it replaced.
    03-03-2018 04:16 PM