I'm a student. One of the things that has been helping me survive is having a PDF viewer on my laptop since I couldn't afford the books, yet. I recently installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. But I think the recent update forced me to also install Google Chrome browser. I have a default browser so I don't think I would be needing Google Chrome. I can uninstall Google Chrome but I'm worried that Acrobat won't work once I uninstall it. What happens to Adobe Acrobat if I remove Google Chrome?
    03-03-2018 11:08 AM
    I'm a student. One of the things that has been helping me survive is having a PDF viewer on my laptop since I couldn't afford the books, yet. I recently installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. But I think the recent update forced me to also install Google Chrome browser. I have a default browser so I don't think I would be needing Google Chrome. I can uninstall Google Chrome but I'm worried that Acrobat won't work once I uninstall it. What happens to Adobe Acrobat if I remove Google Chrome?
    If Acrobat appears as a standalone app on your laptop, then you should be able to uninstall Chrome and not lose Acrobat.
    03-03-2018 11:11 AM
    If Acrobat also gets uninstalled, install Foxit Reader. It has nothing to do with Chrome, reads pdf files just as well as Adobe does, and it's lighter and faster than Adobe Reader.
    djrakowski likes this.
    03-03-2018 11:37 AM