Is it in fact dangerous to download a cleaner app?
    03-04-2018 10:28 PM
    It depends more on what cleaner app you are downloading. But it's not needed anyway because the phones have built in cleaners.
    tube517 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-04-2018 11:33 PM
    It depends more on what cleaner app you are downloading. But it's not needed anyway because the phones have built in cleaners.
    This. Cleaning apps fall into one of two categories, if not both. They either fight against how Android works at its core, increasing battery drain. RAM cleaners do this, when Android is designed and works best with RAM full.

The other types use a shotgun approach, batch clearing things like app cache and uninstalling unused apps. Clearing cache can help correct an app gone rogue, but is best done one at a time so you can see which app actually caused the problem. Not to mention cache is quickly rebuilt anyway, and should be left alone if not causing a problem. An option to uninstall unused apps may sound convenient, but I find they tend to be overly picky and I have to double check to make sure it's not about to uninstall one I still want. So it really doesn't save me any time, and I generally uninstall them myself when I know I don't want them anymore instead of letting them collect digital dust.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-05-2018 12:09 AM
    Alot of these cleaning apps have ads and adware that can sometimes ingrain the adware deep in your phone. I would stay away from any of them
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-05-2018 12:19 AM