I have a samsung s4 mini and i bought a sd card with 32gb 2 years ago and it has been doing fine up until recently, i cannot move any apps, music or picture to the sd card and i have only used half of the sd card! from time to time i take the sd card out to cool it down then i put it back and was able to move some then few minute later it does the same thing. It always says "unable to move" and it is really frustrating. i also don't want to get rid of it as i have important pictures and videos in the sd card
    please help thank you
    03-05-2018 12:42 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt. (Be aware that SD Insight might not work on all Nougat devices.)

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-06-2018 12:19 AM
    @B. Diddy :

You are right about it possibly being counterfeit. There are videos on how to make these show real capacity, but that is for geeks (not sure if OP is a power user). Anyway, those cards can be 4GB or 8GB (usually 4 if you get them from Chinese eBay guys) labeled as 32GB. The trick they use is dead simple. As I have mentioned in another thread, they "upformat" the cards to look like they are of higher capacity (If you wanna test the method yourself, find a program that claims to turn a 2GB memory stick into a 4GB one. I tested this on an old 2GB flash drive and it would just spew errors after physical capacity was full.).
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-06-2018 01:44 AM
    The "Power User" way of determining the real size of the card is SD Insight. (It also shows the supposed date of manufacture of the card, and most counterfeit cards are 1 January 1970 - which is long before SD cards were invented. That happens to be Unix date 0, and most counterfeiters leave the date at 0.)
    03-06-2018 12:56 PM
    The problem with SD Insight, though, is that it doesn't necessarily work in all Nougat or above phones, according to the app description. But for an S4 mini, it should work fine.
    03-06-2018 02:29 PM