Battery dropped from 88%-10% after chrome crashed

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So, my phone's battery dropped from 88%-10% after forcing a shutdown after chrome crashed.

Can anyone explain what happened?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Do you mean that the battery was at 88%, Chrome crashed, you forced the phone to power down, and when you turned it on again, the battery was immediately down to 10%? That would be highly suspicious for a failing battery.

kevinTOC

Mar 6, 2018
Visit site
Uhm, yeah, that's what happened. Chrome froze, and crashed, I forced shutdown, turned it back on, and my battery was at dropped by 68% down to 10%. I have a Huawei something. (I don't know the exact name, lol.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Battery issue or dying SoC that could also have loose solder connections. I have a 7 year old HTC WP7 phone that has the very first 1GHz phone Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 at 1GHz (QSD8250). If you record video on it for more than 14 minutes, or if you browse the web for too long, it gets warm and reboots with battery low. I remember that happening alot in 2015 when it got a new battery. If you dropped your phone, then you may have loosened the solder pads holding the SoC onto the board. The said HTC phone fell once (thanks to a cat knocking it down from elevated terrace) 2 meters onto concrete. The screen was fixed, but then came stupid overheating and crashing. A loose SoC connection is the reason why the HD2 (also with QSD8250) had hear issues at low temps (47 Celsius). May be time to get a new phone or, if possible, try replacing your battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac