I know it's not exactly at the top of the list but for me, it's still a nice feature to have.
    03-06-2018 10:00 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Current info is that there is FM, but only in US and Canada: https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s9-8966.php
    03-07-2018 02:40 AM
    I just spoke with Samsung customer care and they say the S9+ DOES NOT have FM radio in US.
    03-11-2018 10:07 PM
    Interesting. That goes against this announcement in January: Another new feature was just confirmed for the Galaxy S9 – BGR
    03-12-2018 12:08 AM
    There was discussion in the USA re all phones having that enabled in case of emergency.
    The exynos chips didn't have the radio but the American version did on the S8...
    I guess someone who has the S9 will chime in and enlighten us?
    03-12-2018 09:01 AM
    I read I have access to FM on my Note 8 if I download the appropriate app. What's the advantage over I Heart Radio, etc.
    03-12-2018 10:42 AM
    I read I have access to FM on my Note 8 if I download the appropriate app. What's the advantage over I Heart Radio, etc.
    IHeartRadio and any other radio streaming app require a data connection. The physical FM radio can function without any cell signal at all -- just as long as there is FM reception.
    03-12-2018 11:38 AM
    IHeartRadio and any other radio streaming app require a data connection. The physical FM radio can function without any cell signal at all -- just as long as there is FM reception.
    Got it. I have unlimited so I don't expect it would affect me. But good to know.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-12-2018 12:32 PM
    You'll probably need an app like Next Radio to use the radio if it's enabled.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-12-2018 01:00 PM
    Being this string never completely answered the question, and i was wondering if it had a unlocked FM tuner as well.
    As mentioned earlier you need an app, so i downloaded and installed NextRadio app to test it. With headphones plugged in, i launched the app, went into the menu and selected "basic tuner" and was presented with a tuner bar, selected a local station (that does not offer streaming) and was listening to FM radio.
    The reasons i love this option is in case of an emergency and cell towers go down or are over burdened, this will give me a way to listen to the radio for news and announcements. Plus it is a nice option to have the rest of the time.
    For reference
    Galaxy S9+
    US
    T-Mobile
    Bought outright (not sure if that would make a difference, but would not surprise me)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-18-2018 02:00 AM
    I second that. I just switched from a phone that didn't have FM chip in it and NextRadio wouldn't do anything other than tell me the chip wasn't activated.

Just got the S9+ and tested it and can CONFIRM it does have the chip and it is unlocked as I tested it with a local community station I know for a fact isn't streaming.

I'm on Verizon.
    04-07-2018 11:58 PM
    I am Canada. I also have s9plus. The nextradio app works with. Radio stations in like cbc radio2. One has to use their headphones via 3.5 mm wire
    04-09-2018 12:29 PM