My Samsung notes vanished!?!?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I pasted a VERY important file into samsung notes, and it disappeared. how do i get it back?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone, and which variant of the various Samsung note-taking apps? Are you certain you saved the note?

I know this doesn't help you now, but in the future, I highly recommend using a note-taking app that automatically syncs to the cloud, and is accessible from any platform (like Google Keep). The problem with manufacturer-specific preinstalled note-taking apps like S Note or S Memo is that they typically don't sync or backup automatically, and the files are not compatible with any other system.

SquareLeft

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
I'm not the OP, but I have this problem as well. My Samsung Notes vanished after an upgrade that Samsung sent me. While I don't have any critical info in that file, it would be nice to get it back, as there's some auto service history in mine.

I'd also like to hear Samsung's explanation of why they'd eliminate something like this without giving their customers a heads-up.

Edit: One hour later...
Took out the battery & reinstalled, played around with the menus and Samsung Notes re-appeared, but without any of my old info. Looks like I'll be searching for Google Keep and switch to that.
Full disclosure: I'm an old guy and these phones drive me crazy!!!

Last edited: