Scaned some news in smartphone industry this days, more and more smartphone maker spread Qi wireless charge.. such as Iphone x, AllCall MIX2, XiaoMi...

Compare to Traditional wired charging, What do you think about the wireless charge?
    03-09-2018 01:49 AM
    I don't really have any thoughts about it.
    03-09-2018 07:55 AM
    It's a bit more handy than wired charging, just put the phone down and it's charging.

It used to be a problem because microUSB connectors had a habit of getting loose from constant plugging and unplugging, but C connectors seem to be more solidly held in the phone. And with the time between charges, you won't be plugging the phone in to charge many times a day.

My objections are that the charging plate is usually too large to carry around, but the little wall plug isn't, so you're usually going to be charging wired, unless you always charge at home (it's not that handy for people who do a lot of charging in airports, cars, etc.) And the fact that the charge plates give off heat - which is an enemy of batteries. It's not enough to damage them, but it probably is enough to shorten the battery's life.

I had one for my Note 3s. I stopped using it about 2 years ago. It was a cute gimmick when I first got it, but I got over it.
    03-09-2018 02:43 PM