Protect your tech:Get an Upsie warranty & save up to 70%
    Ever since I got this new MOTO g5s with Nougat 7.1.1 it won't let me send multiple text messages. I have been sending out a prayer update on my wife's stroke and send about 30 texts every night. I keep getting this annoying message telling me I am sending multiple texts. DUH, I know it. Even though it asks to Deny or Allow (which by the way I have to hit FIVE times to dismiss) it still doesn't send the text. This is very annoying. How can I get Nougat to understand that I know what I am doing?

P.S. I have tried a couple of SMS apps and they still have the same issue.
    03-09-2018 01:03 PM
    First, sorry to hear about your wife, best wishes on a speedy recovery.

It may not be Nougat, it may be your particular texting app. Which one are you using? EDIT: and THAT's what I get for not reading the PS at the end! Can you post a screenshot of the error?

Unfortunately, I haven't ventured into texting apps too much - I'm on Project Fi and use Hangouts for texting still because it allows me to use ANY device signed in to my Google account to send texts from my number.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    03-09-2018 01:45 PM
    Which texting app?

Are you sending
    - many individual messages, or
    - single "group chat" message to many people, or
    - single "bulk" message to many people ?
    03-09-2018 09:53 PM
    30 may actually hit the spam limit on some carriers. If that's the total you need, 30, try splitting the list in half and sending 15, then waiting a few minutes, then sending the remaining 15. (Or if you need more, try limiting it to 24 per send.)
    03-10-2018 02:31 PM
    I'm pretty sure it is Nougat. I have found some other users with this issue. All their solutions required complex editing which I am not willing to try on this new phone. This is not a screen shot of MY error, but mine is identical. It just says "Messages" or "Textra" in stead of "FrontlineSync". I am sending a fairly lengthy message to individuals (about 30). So far, my solution is to have to wait about 30 seconds between sends which is a nuisance.
    Attached Thumbnails How can I get Nougat 7.1.1 to allow multiple SMS messages-texterror.jpg  
    03-12-2018 12:37 PM
    P.S. I don't want to send Group messages because some of the replies are private.
    03-12-2018 12:38 PM
    So, you're looking for an app that sends individual identical messages as bulk? Kind of a BCC text? That might trigger something on the carrier side as group messages tag differently in the sending process than single messages, so when the carrier sees a blast of many text messages in quick succession from your device you're going to get flagged as a text spammer.

Here's another way to do it. Find the text gateway (@vzwtext.com for Verizon as an example) for each recipient and send an email to all at once with them as BCC on the email. The downside to this approach is that you need to know what carrier each recipient is on.
    03-12-2018 02:45 PM
    It just says "Messages" or "Textra" in stead of "FrontlineSync". I am sending a fairly lengthy message to individuals (about 30). So far, my solution is to have to wait about 30 seconds between sends which is a nuisance.
    In Textra, make sure you have the group message type set to "bulk" not "chat".
    Check the "send delay" setting to see if it works between the recipients.
    03-12-2018 05:40 PM