I decided to make the move from iPhone to android and did so with the amazing looking oppo r11s plus while I was in China, the camera is amazing and really enjoying my experience BUT, I seem to be having an issue with notifications where I have to have the app open or locked open just to get notifications and have to choose up to 6 app and with work this is proving difficult to remember also, which I am not used to coming from iPhone where everything is pushed and from my understanding also bulk android. After some research it is because they are using something called colour os which is built around saving battery.

So would like to put regular normal Android were I can get these notifications, be able to use the virtual assistant and if possible retain my portrait camera mode using the two cameras on the back of the phone like iPhone 7 and 8 plus(don’t know what android have this a only new to the block ). Not very technical but can follow instructions or even to know if this is possible. Always been told that android is versatile and I hope so with my query??

Any help would be appreciated.
    03-09-2018 03:46 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Android is versatile, but what you're asking requires someone to develop a custom ROM for the phone, and you'd also have to root the phone in order to install that ROM. The forums at XDA-developers.com is a good resource for this kind of thing.

Look through all of the phone's system settings to see if there's a Battery (or App) Optimization menu. If you find that, then turn off optimization for the apps you use the most. Also turn off any power-saving modes, and go to Settings>Data Usage​ and make sure Restrict Background Data is turned off.
    03-10-2018 02:09 AM