I charged my HTC Sensation when it was turned off to charge it quicker. I turned it on not paying much attention as I knew it is slow and will take a minute or two to boot up. When I next looked, I saw a white background with different coloured text and what looked like some codes. All I remember for sure is that it had the wording: **locked** in pink at the top.

I then pressed the 'on' button again and it looked it was going to reboot but showed a status bar as if it was loading an update or something. When it finished, the home screen was back to the original factory multi-coloured background which really got me worried thinking have I lost everything on the phone? Contacts, photos, bookmarks, texts etc? Have I lost data on my SD card too?I panicked and turned it off and I'm worried about turning it on.
    03-09-2018 04:51 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Take out the SD card while the phone is still off, then insert it into your computer's SD reader and back up all the files. Then insert the card back into the phone and power it on again (you're going to have to turn it on at some point). See if it boots up normally. If it truly went through a factory reset, then there's not much you can do. Spontaneous factory resets are rare, but can happen if the firmware or hardware are failing (and your phone is almost 7 years old, which is ancient by tech standards). Hopefully you kept your important data backed up or synced somewhere safe on a regular basis -- never rely on your phone as the sole storage for important data.
    03-10-2018 12:37 AM