When someone is texting me my phone will not show the text message in my notification bar. It doesnt show the messages on the text icon where the number 1 or 2 comes out to show how many messages you have as well. So i dont know when i receive a text message unless im constantly unlocking my phone. In my settings everything is turned on and on full voulme according to the notification settings. But im still not getting notified. Ive tried restarting my ohkne but i still got nothing. Please help.
    03-09-2018 08:40 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I thought the S9 is still on preorder.

Do you get any notification sound at all? Do you have a smartwatch connected?
    03-10-2018 12:19 AM
    When someone is texting me my phone will not show the text message in my notification bar. It doesnt show the messages on the text icon where the number 1 or 2 comes out to show how many messages you have as well. So i dont know when i receive a text message unless im constantly unlocking my phone. In my settings everything is turned on and on full voulme according to the notification settings. But im still not getting notified. Ive tried restarting my ohkne but i still got nothing. Please help.
    I am having the same problem. It is infuriating and I have been adjusting settings for a couple days trying to fix. Any luck resolving this?
    03-17-2018 08:22 AM
    It is giving notifications and sounds for emails and other data besides SMS. No external devices are connected.
    03-17-2018 08:25 AM
    Yes I'm also having this issue it is very annoying because I don't always have my phone attached to me please help!
    03-20-2018 12:05 AM
    I was having the same issue and have just turned off the emergency sound in the messages settings and its resolved it for me.

Hope that helps.
    03-20-2018 01:42 PM
    Was anyone able to get a resolution? I am having the same issue and missing a lot of text messages due to no notification.
    04-21-2018 05:06 PM
    Same here on my Pixel 2. I think the latest security update did this. I have the application Reply and that doesn't show either for my quick replies. Everything else works; sound and pop window
    04-26-2018 08:26 AM
    If you've got the app Security Master installed on your S9 phone,take it off! That app is what is blocking your notifications for your messaging to come through. An employee for Best Buy figured this out for me yesterday. Once you do that,restart your phone,make sure your notification settings are all on and you will be set.
    04-26-2018 09:27 AM
    07-12-2018 03:10 PM
    I have the same problem! Nothing wrong with my phone sound, calls, WhatsApp msg ect but I got people asking me if I'm still alive saying I never replied to their text other day ect then only to find msg s whilst trying to prove they never tex!
    07-12-2018 03:13 PM
    Seriously?I have max security? Is it that, that is messing up my S9?
    07-12-2018 03:15 PM
    Seriously?I have max security? Is it that, that is messing up my S9?
    It could be, same thing been happening to my phone and I realized I had the app "Hi Security" n thought i might as well give it a try. So I deleted the app and restarted my phone and tested to see if it worked... and it did! Now I can see the message icon in my notification bar and when I open my phone on the locked screen I can see the icon there now too. All fixed.
    08-01-2018 03:06 PM